Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The Adult Education and English as a Second Language Coordinator supports the operational needs of the Adult Education, targeted (pre-academic) ESOL programs, the Adult Education and ESOL program managers, and the Director of Adult Education & ESOL. This position supervises Adult Education support staff and provides administrative and operational support associated with grant data, payroll, staff scheduling, course entry, resource management, data management, and outcome measurement for both programs. This position must work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Develop and maintain programmatic systems that support the long-term growth of the Adult Education and ESOL, programs as needed to grow enrollment, increase collaboration, and maximize resource utilization.
2. Coordinate supplies and order materials as requested by program managers and staff, including book and supply inventory management.
3. Oversee the administrative paperwork and electronic communication associated with registration, letter requests, grant documentation, timesheets, adjunct hiring, and invoices.
4. Manage and coordinate class implementation from scheduling through evaluation, including class creation in the student registration system (Lumens) and grant data system (LACES), room assignments, session calendar creation, grade entry, contracts, and add/drops.
5. Supervise the Adult Education Support Staff, including coordination of scheduling to accommodate open office hours.
6. Coordinate the adjunct hiring process for Adult Education and ESOL programs from initial application to new hire onboarding.
7. Manage adjunct payroll, including preparation and tracking of contracts, timesheets, and hours.
8. Maintain up-to-date programming information in print and digital marketing, including social media, e-news features, flyers, website, calendars, and catalogs.
9. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and process improvement for program operations by working collaboratively with other Continuing Education and Workforce Development (CEWD) Coordinators, program staff, and CEWD leadership.
10. Provide regular reports and data analysis on metrics such as enrollment, student and instructor outcomes, student transition, budget, and financials.
11. Manage multiple databases to ensure accurate record-keeping and organization of sensitive program records, including MOUs, contracts, and partnership agreements.
12. Act as a point of contact to develop partnerships with internal and external organizations that support program growth as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $55,950 - $59,000 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.