Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
Ohio University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has a rare opening for a full-time video producer to join its award-winning creative team. The Video Producer works as part of the video and photo team to capture and edit video as well as some still photography for a diverse list of projects and assignments ranging from broadcast advertising to documentary storytelling to live social media broadcasts and everything in between. The Video Producer will work with the UCM team and clients from across the campus to create and edit video content that effectively positions Ohio University and supports effective communication with prospective and current students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, partners and more. This position is located primarily on Ohio University's Athens campus and the successful candidate will be willing to work some nights and weekends as needed to support major University events.
- Meet with campus clients, serving as a consultant in determining the best creative approach to meet their project goals and as a guide in helping them understand the production process and timeline.
- Collaborate with writers, designers, social media experts, media buyers and other producers to imagine and create video content that meets business goals and elevates the University's brand.
- Successfully plan, set up, capture and edit video content that meets and exceeds the quality expectations of the Director of Creative and Brand, the Vice President of University Communications and Marketing, and campus clients.
- Support the digital content and enterprise marketing teams as well as campus clients with live streaming video for major campus events and social media marketing.
- Support the Communications team with video and photo coverage of news events as needed.
- Assist in supervising and training the video team's student staff, contributing to their professional growth and ensuring the quality of their work.
- Advanced skills in the pre-production, production, and post-production process. This includes working with clients, organizing projects and project elements, meeting tight deadlines, the ability to set up equipment to execute video shoots, familiarity with DSLR and shoulder mount cameras, and advanced post-production skills working in the Adobe Creative Suite, including color correction/grading, audio mixing and some animation.
- Demonstrated experience in live streaming video, including broadcasting on social media channels.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in media arts, film, communications, or related degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- At least 3 years professional work experience.
- Experience/familiarity with Sony camera equipment.
- Experience in animation working with Adobe After Effects.
- Prior knowledge of Newtek equipment and Wowza streaming software.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
Planning Unit: Office of the President
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position: Christofer Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.