Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational, protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 200 faculty and staff from 78 denominations and over 50 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
This position supports, and supplements the capabilities and responsibilities of the current Director of Alumni Engagement. The Assistant Director will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships with Gordon-Conwell alumni, delivering high quality communications via email and social media, and strategically developing and implementing new alumni engagement programs, events, and a fundraising campaign. The Assistant Director will partner with the Director on strategic planning for the future of Alumni Engagement programing and shares responsibility for overseeing student workers. This part-time position is based in South Hamilton, MA and may include hybrid work.
Alumni Relationships & Communications:
• Cultivate relationships of trust with Gordon-Conwell alumni through in-person, online, and mediated interactions, deepening their engagement with Gordon-Conwell and their financial and other support.
• Support Alumni and select seminary-wide communications, including but not limited to producing monthly alumni email newsletters, weekly social media posts, monthly prayer emails, and other regular content publication in consultation with other seminary departments.
• Research and collect alumni news and stories as well as events, programs, and publications of interest to alumni for the purpose of continuing to serve the alumni, promoting Gordon-Conwell, and identifying opportunities for partnership.
Alumni Events & Campus Visits:
• Collaborate with the Director in designing and executing successful on-campus alumni events. Two large, homecoming style events are anticipated on the South Hamilton campus in 2023.
• Coordinate event logistics and communication for all off-campus denominational, conference, and geographically based in-person alumni events.
• Work with the Director and the Events and Housing Manager to effectively develop, promote, and implement a program for individual, or small group, alumni visits to the South Hamilton campus, assessing the program’s effectiveness, offerings, budget, and operations as appropriate.
New Alumni Fundraising Campaign:
• Work with the Director to effectively develop, promote, and facilitate an alumni fundraising campaign.
• Identify and leverage existing alumni relationships, as well as in-house and external partners, to increase engagement and financial support for the growth and success of the campaign.
• Manage all written, email, and social media communication and reporting for the campaign.
Student Worker Supervision:
• Oversee 2-4 student workers in relation to communications and event planning, and all areas of student work when the Director is out of the office
• Various other duties as assigned by the Director
• Communication Skills: Must have excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with interviewing, editing, and copywriting preferred.
• Interpersonal Effectiveness: Personal warmth, ease in developing relationships, exceptional interpersonal communication skills, and evident grace and thoughtfulness in relationships with a diverse constituency of alumni. Commitment to collegiality, diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communication with others.
• Event Planning: Must be able to facilitate on-campus events, and trouble shoot issues accordingly to ensure positive attendee experience. Communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with outside organizations, venues and vendors.
• Organizational Skills: Must be highly organized, able to manage time well, and accurately perform detailed work that may include competing priorities. Must possess sound judgment and the ability to work independently and also demonstrate an ability to collaborate and serve in a team environment that requires collegiality and collaboration with other seminary offices.
• Knowledge and Discernment: Must be sensitive to the varied needs of a diverse alumni population, have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and be capable of functioning effectively within a matrixed environment.
• Technical Knowledge: Competent in using Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with social media platforms, email marketing software, and/or experience with website content maintenance strongly preferred.
• Clear understanding of the Seminary’s mission and willingness to abide by the Community Life Statement.
Education & Experience
• Master’s degree preferred; a Gordon-Conwell degree strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years of related experience in communications, event planning, and/or program management preferred.
• Prior experience in fundraising and/or campaign management preferred.
• Experience supervising interns or student workers preferred.
Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary is a multidenominational, evangelical seminary representing 85 denominations and 50 countries on four campuses in the U.S, online, and in cohorts across the globe. Our diverse community is united by a common commitment to the authority of Scripture and developing a thoughtful, loving, Christ-centered community of global discipleship.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.