Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
Classification Title: Public Information Coordinator
College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS Student Life
Advertised Salary Range: $35,360-$48,000
Advertised Job Summary:
The social media and marketing coordinator is responsible for assisting Student Life marketing and communication efforts through social media strategy, website management, creative design and other marketing and communications channels. This role includes collecting and interpreting web and social media analytics, preparing marketing strategies, and planning and organizing content creation. The coordinator works in collaboration with the office's communication team to keep all Student Life audiences (prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, and staff) involved and knowledgeable about people, programs, and events within the department.
Primary duties include:
· Provide support for design/marketing activities to the department. Duties include facilitating creation of videos, photography, advertising, and graphic design. Identify, create, and coordinate content/news/event coverage for the Department of Student Life's various platforms.
· Serve as a creative writer to develop story lines and assist department in marketing programs and supporting the department's mission. Assisting with writing and proofing internal and external communications, including a department newsletter, print/digital guides, and digital signage.
· Plan, schedule, publish and analyze content posted on Student Life's social media and seek out opportunities for coverage throughout the department.
· Create and update Student Life web pages and forms in accordance with university website requirements. Manage Student Life sites on the university's content management system.
· Maintain analytics to be used for assessment and communication planning.
· Hire, train, and supervise student employees serving in creative media roles (social media contributors, videographers, photographers).
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience related to the development and dissemination of informational material.
This position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement / hazardous weather and other emergencies. This position will be asked to flex time to work some nights and weekends for functions and events. This position will also support the university's mission and goals through participating in recruitment and retention activities, as appropriate, for prospective and current students.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.