Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
Responsible for evaluating financial aid applications utilizing state, federal and institutional policies and procedures, invoking professional judgment in special circumstances. Meet with students and parents, both prospective and current, to review financial aid eligibility, financial planning and payment plans. Coordinate all aspects of the need based student employment programs and serve as liaison to external special programs. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Determination of financial aid eligibility *Implement Federal and State mandated regulations as well as institutional policies and procedures to prevent Federal, State and Internal audit exception *Review Federal tax returns to ensure proper forms were filed with the Federal Government, as well as verify accuracy of information reported on Financial Aid applications from approximately 1500 students *Analyze business and farm documents to determine appropriateness of manual need analysis adjustments in compliance with institutional policy *Review non-custodial information in compliance with institutional policy *Determine appropriate use of professional judgment for special circumstances: debt and expenses, income fluctuations, family status and assets *Monitor files and make changes, as needed, throughout the academic year to ensure that Federal and Institution regulations are being met *Implement required policies and procedures to prevent audit exception *Authorize release of funds to students and prepare required records and reports
2. Ensure compliance of Federal regulations *Resolve problems flagged by the federal government regarding financial aid issues: i.e. Social Security, citizenship, selective service, etc. *Ensure proper handling of confidential student, parents and/or Alumni files and records including both personal and financial information in compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations *Review Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) and National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) news and updates daily to keep abreast of changes and additions in Federal programs *Attend seminars regarding policy changes and updates *Administer the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy as determined by the federal government by monitoring student's qualitative and quantitative measures each semester to qualify for Title IV Funds *Review and analyze individual student budgets and aid packages to ensure that students are not awarded over cost *Complete verification on all recipients, which includes: household size, number in college, adjusted gross income, taxes paid and untaxed income *Verify student's citizenship by requesting and analyzing appropriate Federal documentation. *Utilize Governmental web sites such as The National Student Clearinghouse, Selective Service, and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
3. Counseling *Meets with visiting prospective, as well as current students and families to provide individual counseling *Counsel families on strategies for preparing to pay for college utilizing current income, assets and strategic borrowing scenarios *Advises and counsels prospective and current students on the financial aid application and process; the need-analysis process; the determination of financial aid eligibility based on Federal, State and Institutional regulations; and/or problems related to their application of financial aid eligibility *Provides superior customer service using counseling skills such as listening, clear explanation of policies, patience and understanding and constant awareness that the needs-based financial aid process can be stressful, frustrating and confusing to our student and families
4. Communications and Presentations *Act as resource for questions and problems *Act as student and department liaison with other departments to resolve issues and problems *Participate in creating and designing departmental literature ensuring accurate information is provided to both prospective and current students and families, through promotional materials and electronic communications *Participates in training of Enrollment Support Coordinators and assists in resolving issues for families *Represent the University by making financial aid presentations to area high schools and community organizations *Conduct on-campus financial aid information sessions for prospective and/or current students and their families *Through informational presentations, educate students and families regarding needs analysis and the determination of financial aid eligibility based on Federal, State and institutional regulation *Create and update a PowerPoint Presentation to use during presentations *Confer with individuals and groups to disseminate information and answer questions relating to financial assistance available to students enrolled at Lehigh
5. Coordinate all marketing and communications aspects of the Office of Financial Aid *Develop marketing strategies that will reach prospective and current students and their families *Will use market research to make recommendations to the Director and will direct the implementation of new initiatives *Develop and maintain financial aid communications portfolio, such as email blasts, financial aid award letters and the use of social media to reach students and their families *Manage aspects of the operational budget that pertains to all marketing *Understand on a deeper level the use of the Banner relationship management system, including working closely with the Enrollment Services Center, providing direction on how to create and manipulate a wide variety of email campaigns and coordinate the scheduling of all messages *Maintain the communications calendar and ensure that communications are sent in a timely manner *Manage and update a wide variety of print and electronic messages *Serve as the direct liaison with the University Communications and Public Affairs Office
Grade: 8 - 40
Position Number: S89340
This position may be eligible for a fully remote work arrangement pending University approval
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work independently
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.