Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
Assistant Athletic Director for Media & Public Relations
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Location: Moorhead, Minnesota
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: $40,000-$60,000 on exp
This is a collective bargaining unit position in the MSUAASF organization. Pay will be determined by the MSUAASF experience calculator with some room for negotiations.
4 Year Degree
APPLY HERE - https://mnstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1928
As the Athletics Department’s Sports Information Coordinator, manage all-inclusive coverage of department sports teams; to include coordination of statistics, media coverage, website management, operations management, and game day responsibilities.
Nominates and publicizes student-athletes for various awards, honors and special recognitions.
Responds to day-to-day media inquiries and needs for administration/coaches/student-athletes to provide subject matter expertise.
Produce and/or has oversight on editorial content for game programs, news releases, websites, and other promotional materials
Oversee the use and/or provides training for NCAA Live Stats (Genius Stats) for in-game statistics and maintains statistical information for the department.
Other duties as assigned.
Ability to lead all strategic communications effort for the Athletics Department
Little to none live streaming support
Great student staff for statistics support
One of the most balanced schedules in sports
45 student internship program assisting with graphics, video, photo, and social media
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
Experience in creating and developing communications strategic plans and implementing communications projects, preferably in an environment with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
Experience with the statistical management system, NCAA Live Stats (Genius Stats) or other stat related programs.
Demonstrated experience with the creation of a College or University’s social media content for multiple platforms.
Experience with a variety of software programs, such as: Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop.
Experience with website content management and navigation structure.
In the simplest and most idealistic terms, our purpose at Minnesota State University Moorhead is to transform the world by transforming lives. In more specific terms, we are a university united around certain beliefs.
Our Core Values (How do we behave?)
• Grit We are “scrappy” and resourceful. We have big goals and the tenacity to achieve them. We have the courage to do what’s right.
• Humility We’re all on the same team and everyone’s role is important. We seek the best ideas and know they can come from anywhere and anyone in our campus community. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
• Heart We go the extra mile for our students and each other. We are passionate about our purpose. We are fiercely loyal to MSUM.
Aspirational Value (We commit to making this as pervasive as our core values)
Diversity and inclusion of people and ideas
“Permission to Play” Values (These are the expectations of membership in our academic community)
Integrity and mutual respect in our behavior and interactions
Strategic Anchors (How will we succeed?) We will succeed by:
• Focusing relentlessly on student achievement and students’ return on their investment;
• ...Embedding and supporting diversity in every facet of the university; and
• Ensuring that MSUM is indispensable to the social, cultural, and economic advancement of Moorhead and the surrounding region.
Our professional programs are grounded in the liberal arts, designed to provide a broad base of knowledge and cultural themes.
•133 majors, emphases & options
•78 undergraduate majors
•12 pre-professional programs
•14 graduate degrees
•38 graduate and undergraduate certificates
•16 areas of teacher licensure preparation
MSUM enrolls 5,664 students from 36 states and 61 countries. MSUM is a member of the Tri-College University, an educational consortium that includes Concordia College of Moorhead, North Dakota State University, Minnesota State Community and Technical College, and the North Dakota State College of Science.
•Moorhead, Minn. and Fargo, N.D. are central to a thriving regional center with a population of 187,491 and growing for the Metropolitan Statistical Area (2014 Estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau).
•Higher education is a major community enterprise, with more than 31,000 students contributing to an atmosphere rich in arts, culture, sports and social activities.
•The communities enjoy a major concert venue; university, independent and community theatres; symphony orchestra; jazz concerts; annual film festivals; civic opera; art galleries and museums; and numerous family attractions and events.
•Unemployment rate for Minnesota and North Dakota is at 3.8% and 2.4% respectively, both of which are below the national average of 6.3% (2014).
•Fargo-Moorhead average travel time to work is 14.7 minutes.
•Moorhead public schools serve 5,620 students in an area recognized for superior student academic achievement and far-reaching extracurricular activities. Moorhead schools are all new or totally remodeled. For the past 15 years, Fargo public schools have earned the What Parents Want Award from SchoolMatch.
•Both Minnesota and North Dakota put lots of value on education, as outlined in Lumina Foundation’s 2014 report.
•Minnesota ranked second place and North Dakota in fourth place in a list of states ranked on the proportion of young adults with at least a two-year college degree.
•Hector International Airport, the paramount airport for the FM area, is served by Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta and United and provides non-stop jet service to/from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando-Sanford, Phoenix-Mesa and Tampa/St. Petersburg.
•The Fargo-Moorhead community is ranked among the best places in the country to live, work, attend school and conduct business. Recent community accolades:
• Moorhead named Best Small City in America (NerdWallet, June 2015)
• Fargo ranked #1 College Town to Find a Job (ZipRecruiter, March 2015)
• Fargo’s Downtown named seventh best in the nation (Liviability, March 2015) • Fargo ranks First Among Best-Performing Small Cities (The Milken Institute, January 2015)
• North Dakota topped the list in physical health with Minnesota landing in the top 10 (Well-Being Index, 2014)
• Moorhead has a lower sales tax than 96% of other cities in the state. Groceries and clothing are exempt from Moorhead and Minnesota sales tax (Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, November 2014)
• The Fargo-Moorhead metro region is the fourth fastest growing in the U.S. (Bloomberg, October 2014)
• Fargo-Moorhead ranked in the top five for highest average credit score, lowest foreclosure rate and lowest credit usage (WalletHub, October 2014)
• Minnesota ranked third in the nation as the best state for teachers (WalletHub, October 2014)
• North Dakota names best state for women-owned business (OPEN State of Women-Owned Business Report, August 2014)
• Fargo-Moorhead among top 100 smartest cities in the U.S. (VentureBeat, July 2013)
• F-M metro area ranked number two among mid-sized cities (Area Development, June 2013) • City ranked first in prime workforce growth and fourth in economic strength indicators (Area Development, June 2013)
• Fargo-Moorhead in top 25 best cities to retire (Forbes, March 2013)
• Fargo-Moorhead placed at the number 5 spot on the List of Best Performing Cities (Milkin Institute, January 2013)
• ND ranked number 2 and MN ranked number 5 for the best states in encouraging entrepreneurial development (Bureau of Business Research, October 2012)
NINE-MONTH FACULTY APPOINTMENTS
Along with all other Universities that are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, standard faculty appointments are for 168 duty days distributed over any nine consecutive months. The nine months need not align with the traditional academic year and may be changed every two years. Initial faculty appointments at MSU Moorhead are expected to be similar to or the same as the academic year unless otherwise indicated on the vacancy notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND NONDISCRIMINATION
Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to a policy of equal opportunity nondiscrimination in employment and education. No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, and marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. In addition, discrimination in employment based on familial status or membership or activity in a local commission as defined by the law is prohibited. Inquiries regarding compliance should be referred to the Affirmative Action Office, OW 208, 218.477.2721 (Voice).
REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
It is the policy of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities when such accommodations are directly related to competing for a job on an equal basis. Applicants having special needs which require accommodation should contact the Human Resources Director, Owens 214, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead, Minnesota 56563, 218.477.2157 (Voice). For TTY communications, contact the Minnesota Relay Service at 1.800.627.3529.
AVAILABILITY OF MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY MOORHEAD ANNUAL CRIME REPORT
Minnesota State University Moorhead Annual Security Report is directly available at: http://www.mnstate.edu/publicsafety/crimereports.aspx or through our website at: http://www.mnstate.edu/publicsafety. All prospective students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the information and policies contained in the report. The report contains statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Minnesota State University Moorhead; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a free copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 218.477.2449.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.