Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
In conjunction with the Alumni Relations Director and the SOL Dean, develop and implement a strategic, year-round alumni engagement program providing meaningful and impactful opportunities for mentoring, networking and professional development to maintain pathways for alumni engagement which also fulfills SOL priorities.
1. Create, plan and implement a comprehensive and strategic engagement program for the college’s alumni and friends. Activities will include:
a. Regional outreach
b. Student and alumni interactions
c. Social networking activities
d. Collaboration with the advancement team with other university initiatives
2. Partner with other SOL departments and the university to plan the growth of accessible network and mentoring opportunities for students and alumni
3. Educate students about the impact alumni have on the university and the benefits of staying connected after graduation.
4. With the help of the University Communications team, connect with alumni locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally by maintaining regular, effective and professional communications through e-mail, newsletters, social media and the website.
5. Work with Advancement Data Services in updating alumni records and class notes
6. Maintain appropriate records and report on program participation rates of students and alumni.
7. Monitor the effective use of the alumni website and social media for promoting alumni activities and university updates.
8. Keep the alumni website current and fresh through regular alumni profiles, news updates, student profiles, etc.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Two years to five years experience A college degree
Juris Doctor, preferred. Volunteer management experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to represent the University professionally both internally and externally
3. Skilled at leading and executing projects and initiatives
4. Ability to collaborate and work with colleagues, alumni and other constituencies
5. Strong writing, planning and organizational skills
6. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database
7. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Computer proficiency and ability to learn new programs
Job may require lifting 1 – 20 lbs with no repetitive bending or stooping.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Commensurate with experience
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm Some evenings and weekends
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.