Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sports Information (100%)
- Maintains statistical and historical records of athletic events and athletes;
- Assists as Hood College’s official statistician;
- Assists with compilation and reporting of statistics on teams, individuals, and coaches;
- Assists communications with conference office and NCAA for timely reporting of team rosters, schedules, statistics, etc.;
- Compiles and maintains student-athlete and coach biographical information;
- Aids with the video streaming of home athletic events;
- Helps administrate the official athletic department social media accounts;
- Assists in coordinating athletic photography;
- Assists with media relations for all men’s and women’s athletics teams, student-athletes and coaches;
- Researches, writes and edits news releases, features and copy about student-athletes, coaches and sports teams;
- Produces athletic publications, including home game programs, schedules, etc.;
- Designs, provides content for, and provides regular updates to hoodathletics.com;
- Provides input for selection of Athlete of the Week and oversees accompanying feature story;
We seek a candidate who values diversity, equity and inclusion in all that they do. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively with partners across campus in support of Hood College’s mission as a student-centered, liberal arts institution.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Sport Management, Journalism, English, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Experience in athletic media relations and/or video editing a plus.
- Full acceptance into one of Hood’s graduate programs is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Proficient in office productivity suite software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), e-mail and Internet; desktop publishing, Adobe Creative Suite, PrestoSports and/or Sidearm content management system, video editing, and working knowledge of NCAA Live Stats and/or PrestoStats. Ability to learn new applications quickly including organization-wide information systems and department-specific software applications.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively provide information and positively respond to questions from both external and internal customers both in person and by phone. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Proficient with statistical and financial concepts. Must have the ability to apply those concepts to tracking, projections, goal setting and interpreting reports. Must be able to draw conclusions from reports and make cost effective decisions regarding programs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work independently and as a member of a group in developing and executing project plans. Ability to work in theoretical arena and apply logic as appropriate.
We invite qualified candidates to apply on-line via our electronic application which requires submission of a résumé and three professional references.
If you need assistance with the on-line application process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 696-3592.
Hood College is committed to diversity in its faculty and staff and subscribes to a policy of hiring only individuals legally eligible to work in the United States. EOE/AAP/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Hood College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, religion, or age in recruitment, admission and access to, or treatment, or employment in its programs, services, benefits, or activities as required by applicable laws including Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and students. Inquiries about discrimination or reasonable accommodation should be referred to the Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator at Alumnae Hall, 401 Rosemont Avenue, Frederick, MD. 21701 (AD 312), (301) 696-3592. For complete information on Hood College’s nondiscrimination policy, please visit http://www.hood.edu/non-discrimination/.